Adopting a cat
Have you already thought extensively about about the needs of cats and want to take it one step further, including sharing your home with a cat from our shelter? Here you will find all the essential information.
A life with a cat needs to be well prepared. Therefore, we will give you a short overview of the most important conditions before adopting a cat:
- A neutering agreement is required when adopting a kitten
- We only place kittens in homes with outdoor access
- Outdoor cats need a household with a cat door (permission of the landlord)
- Indoor cats need an apartment suitable for animals and with a secure balcony
- Indoor cats will not be placed in a household without another cat
- We do not place free roamers near busy roads
Did you already check out our animals and do you know which cats are currently waiting for a lovely new home? Please contact us by phone (044 261 97 14) or email if you are interested in one of our cats. It is suggested that you say a few words about yourself and explain why you think this cat suits you.
The next few steps
We will contact you by phone or email for further preliminary clarifications. Once the fundamental questions have been answered, we will invite you to our shelter, where you can meet the cat and receive important information.
If your visit has been satisfactory to both sides, be sure to follow the next steps:
- vet check at the end of the stay at our shelter
- arranging of the pick-up date
- signing the adoption contract when picking up the cat
- paying the adoption fee
- receiving all essential documents about your cat
Three to four months after the adoption, a check-up will be carried out at your home. With the check-up, we aim to ensure everything is going well, but we also take the time to answer any questions that may have arisen in the meantime. However, if you have any questions or uncertainties prior to that, you can contact us at any time.
All cats are checked, vaccinated, dewormed, and chipped by our vet. We immediately communicate any known health problems. Furthermore, all cats older than six months are neutered.
|CHF 290.00 (< 10 years old)|
|CHF 190.00 (> 10 years old)|
Here you will find an overview of all our pets who are currently in need of a new home.